Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog! Come on in and make yourself at home. This blog will contain lots and lots of ideas that I encourage you to tweak
and make your own. I will try to update it at the least every Thursday.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Back in Action

Hello I am back!  I've changed the name of the blog and I've updated the background.  I've come a long way since 2012.  Yeah, it's really been that long!

Let's see quick update on my crazy (sorta interesting) life.  In February of 2013 I had a minor operation to remove some large Fibroids from my uterus.  In June of the same year our daughter, Miss E, moved in (age 5 at the time).  We became foster parents.  Boy, do you have to do a lot of training for that!  Personally, I think that the rigors foster and adopting parents are put through; all prospective parents should have to go through.  I think people would be so much more prepared to be parents if they did.  But that's a rant for another time.

In January of 2014 I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I started treatment two weeks later and finished chemo therapy in May of 2014.  I had Surgery July 3rd 2014 and started radiation therapy in August.  I was finally declared cancer free in November 2014. That was a long year, because dealing with the cancer and parenting Miss E and continuing to try to get through life in general can be very stressful.

Miss E can be stressful without all the other stuff thrown in anyway.  She has Reactive Attachment Disorder, Anxiety, and ADHD.  Currently she is 9 years old with the intelligence of a 12 year old and the emotional acuity of a 3 year old.  So, yeah, you can imagine how life can be sometimes.  Things seem to be improving each day as she is continually learning to cope with big emotions and the fact that life sometimes just doesn't go according to plan.

2015 was pretty uneventful.  I think we were all just recovering from the craziness of 2014.  In February of 2016 we officially adopted our daughter (yea!!).  And we've been clicking (well, limping) along ever since.  I started taking an antidepressant in January (I think) of this year and since then my brain has been on fire with lots of ideas, big and small, about crafts, recipes, parenting and other stuff.  I've actually been able to accomplish a lot of my big ideas too!  Now I'm ready to share some of them with you.

So that's me caught up.  

1 comment: