Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog! Come on in and make yourself at home. This blog will contain lots and lots of ideas that I encourage you to tweak
and make your own. I will try to update it at the least every Thursday.

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Summer Vision Board!


Summer Vacation is approaching like a whirl wind.  Miss E and I always struggle with summer.  I try to set up lot of things for her to do around the house and inevitably she isn't interested or gets bored extremely easily.  A bored Miss E isn't that pleasant to be around.  In the past I didn't involve her very much in the planning of summer activities because it felt overwhelming for both of us.  This year we are both a year older an (I like to think) wiser.  This year I am involving her in planning.  I am even going as far as to allow her to plan and execute an outing on her own.

Before we get started I wanted to help her get in the space of thinking positively about our summer.
 We made a vision board.  I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up some supplies and then we got started.
Here's what we used:

Poster Board
Letter stickers
Wall Borders
Old Magazine/Calendar Pictures
Fun paper

Markers
Yard Stick
Pencil


I started by measuring the poster board and finding the center.  From there I centered the letters to spell out "Summer Vision Board".  Then I framed the words with the wall borders.  I first cut them in half length wise then measured and cut them to length.  










Miss E and I had a little brain storming session about all the things we want to do, achieve and see this summer.  We then went about finding ways to depict our brain storm list and glued, drew and taped our pictures onto the poster board.

I think it turned out quite nice.  It will serve as a wonderful jumping off point in our planning endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment