Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog! Come on in and make yourself at home. This blog will contain lots and lots of ideas that I encourage you to tweak
and make your own. I will try to update it at the least every Thursday.

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Cute Father's Day Tie Bookmarks

Hello!  Father's day is rapidly approaching.  I am getting ready to make a fun little project with Miss E's class.  I was thinking about classic presents for dads from kids, and immediately thought ties.

Then I was thinking about my own dad.  My dad (well really both of my parents) instilled in me a deep appreciation for reading and books in general.  I remember my dad reading 'The Hobbit',  'Sir Toby Jingles', 'The Perils of Penelope' and so many others to my siblings and me before bed.   My daughter an her cousins love it when Grandpa reads them books.  Because of this I thought about bookmarks.


Then my little grey cells started to percolate an idea.  Following is what I came up with.

I found a cute tie clip art template and made it so 4 could fit on a page.  Then I printed it on card stock paper.  I decorated the ties, then I cut them out.  I had some old school photos of my siblings and me.  I made copies of them on my printer and then cut out just the heads.  and glued them on the bottom.  The kids in Miss E's class wrote a message to their dads on the back and then we laminated and cut them out.  They were really cute.

So here's what you need.

Tie template printed on card stock
School Pictures
basic art supplies (coloring supplies, scissors and glue)





Here's a picture montage for how I decorated the ties.  I hope these will help get your creative juices flowing.  Enjoy!






1 comment: