Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog! Come on in and make yourself at home. This blog will contain lots and lots of ideas that I encourage you to tweak
and make your own. I will try to update it at the least every Thursday.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Big ideas and a recipe

I had a great idea for making some spicy sweet potato empanadas. It was a brilliant idea but, it didn't really work the way I wanted it to.  Challenge Excepted!  I'll  be trying the recipe again during the week, with some tweaks.  When I succeed I will post the recipe.

I did make enchilada pie.  My husband really likes it.  So I will give you that recipe instead.  This is a vegan recipe since I am still fasting, but obviously you can make it a carnivorous dish as well.

Ingredients:
2 cans vegetarian chili
6 corn tortillas
vegan shredded cheese
2-3 tomatoes or bell peppers, diced

Instructions:
1.  Spray the a 9" deep dish pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Preheat the oven to 350.
2.  Place a whole tortilla in the middle of the pan tear two more in half and arrange them around the center tortilla so the bottom of the pan is covered by tortilla.
3.  Open one of the cans of chili and spread it over the tortillas.  Spread half your tomatoes over the chili and half the cheese over the tomatoes and chili.
4.  Repeat the layering.
5.  Put it in the oven for about 1/2 an hour.  It will smell good and be bubbly.

My hubby said that I should par boil the tomatoes and take the skin off...but I didn't do that.  he said the skin wasn't that yummy.

Happy New Year!!

jnd

No comments:

Post a Comment